Anthem MDX 16 Information and Specifications
- 60 Watts (8 Ohms) / 120 Watts (4 Ohms) with all channels driven, or bridges to provide 200 Watts (8 Ohms).
- 16-channels of Ultra-Class-D amplification, each supported by Advanced Load Monitoring technology, delivers fast, reliable performance even under the most demanding loads.
- 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter (DAC) maintains the integrity of high-resolution source materials.
- Customized pre-set DSP settings.
- Separate zone-specific bass management and subwoofer integration via a passive (RCA) or active (powered by another zone in bridge mode) connection.
- Bridging allows up to 200 Watts for high power applications such as subwoofers.
- Digital switching output allows the linking of digital inputs between multiple MDX.
- Analog pass-through connections allow daisy-chaining of multiple MDX.
- Speaker terminal block connections accept up to 12 AWG, ideal for long speaker cable runs.
- IP/RS232 capability ensures compatibility with leading home automation systems.
- ON/OFF switched via IP/RS232, 12-Volt Trigger, or audio sensing.
- High-efficiency design meets global power saving standards. Secure professional rack-mount arms included.
|Channels / Zones||16 channels / Up to 8 zones|
|Power Output RMS per Channel (8 Ohm)||60 Watts|
|Power Output RMS per Channel (4 Ohm)||120 Watts|
|High Output Mode (Bridged) RMS per Channel (8 Ohm)||200 Watts|
|Frequency Response||10Hz – 20kHz ±0.5dB|
|Digital-to-Analog Converter||PCM up to 24 bit/192 kHz|
|Inputs (analog)||8x RCA pairs (left/right)|
|Inputs (digital S/PDIF)||2x RCA coaxial; 2x optical (Toslink)|
|Inputs (network)||RJ-45 10Base-T/100
Base-TX ethernet port
|Inputs (trigger)||1x 3.5mm (5 – 24V DC/AC)|
|Inputs (other)||Micro-USB (for ARC); RS-232|
|Outputs (speaker level)||8x removable Phoenix-style (left/right) accommodates wire up to 12AWG|
|Output (analog, passthrough)||2x RCA pair (left/right)|
|Outputs (subwoofer)||8x RCA (with bass management and room correction)|
|Outputs (digital matrix)||1x optical (Toslink)|
|Outputs (other)||1x 3.5mm 12V trigger|
|Audio In-Out Matrix||Yes|
|Advanced Load Monitoring||Yes|
|Controls (via web-based UI)||Bass level: ±6dB for each zone;
Trebel level: ±6dB for each zone;
Level balancing: ±10dB for each zone
|Controls (back panel)||Power Mode: Auto, Trigger,
Network Reset (pinhole);
Factory Reset (pinhole);
Main Power: On /Off
|Room Correction||Anthem Room Correction (ARC®)|
|Microphone (for room correction)||Included dual input microphone
(3.5mm and mini-USB)
|Setup||Web-based user interface|
|IP Control (via IP or RS-232)||Drivers for Control4, Crestron, Savant, URC, Elan|
|Rack Mount Ears / Feet||Included|
|Rack Space (feet removed)||2U|
|Dimensions (H x W x D, with feet)||3.5” x 17” x 16.4” (8.9 x 43.2 x 41.7 cm)|
|Weight||24 lbs. (10.8kg)|