The Audio Technica ATH-AWKT over-ear wooden headphones feature housings made from the rare Japanese hardwood Kokutan (striped ebony). Long used for woodwind instruments and pianos, this dense wood with the handsome black and brown stripes suppresses unwanted resonance to deliver clear, natural sound reproduction. The half-gloss finish, applied by hand, brings out the natural beauty of the wood’s grain – a beauty that will only deepen with age.
The headphones are equipped with exclusive 53 mm drivers with highly efficient German Permendur magnetic circuitry that deliver exceptionally accurate audio with a wide sound field. Each driver’s lightweight, durable titanium flange and 6N-OFC (high-purity, oxygen-free copper) voice coil ensure precise diaphragm movement and signal transfer. Our exclusive D.A.D.S. (Double Air Damping System), which divides the housing structure into two separate acoustic chambers, provides smooth, accurate bass response.
The arms that hold the housings are made from a lightweight, highly rigid magnesium alloy. The arms are angled to provide the best possible fit with an excellent earcup seal. The comfortable fit is enhanced by the smooth, durable sheepskin earpads and headband.
The headphones also feature A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) jacks for secure connection to the two included 3.0 m detachable cables. One cable has a 6.3 mm (1/4″) gold-plated stereo plug for use with standard audio equipment. The other cable features a 4-pin XLRM balanced connector for use with the latest high-fidelity equipment to achieve better channel separation.
Audio Technica ATH-AWKT Information:
- Kokutan (striped ebony) housings, hand-finished with half-gloss, suppress unwanted resonance for clear, natural sound reproduction
- Exclusive 53 mm driver units with highly efficient German Permendur magnetic circuitry deliver powerful audio with a wide sound field
- Driver’s lightweight, durable titanium flange allows the diaphragm to react to the signal more accurately
- 6N-OFC (high-purity, oxygen-free copper) voice coil provides ideal signal transfer
- D.A.D.S. (Double Air Damping System) structure provides deep bass reproduction
- Two detachable 3.0 m cables with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones: one with a 6.3 mm (1/4″) gold-plated stereo plug, the other with a 4-pin XLRM balanced connector
- Magnesium alloy headphone arm is angled to provide the best possible fit with an excellent earcup seal
- Stitched ergonomic earpads and headband are made from smooth, high-durability sheepskin for long-lasting comfort
- Japanese craftsmanship: all Audio-Technica wooden headphones are hand-assembled in Tokyo
|Driver Diameter||53 mm|
|Housing||Kokutan (striped ebony)|
|Frequency Response||5 – 45,000 Hz|
|Maximum Input Power||2000 mw|
|Cable||Detachable 3.0 m cable (A2DC to 6.3 mm (1/4″) gold-plated stereo plug; elastomer sheath, OFC); detachable 3.0 m balanced cable (A2DC to 4-pin XLRM; elastomer sheath, 6N-OFC)|