The Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus is considered to be one of the most iconic statement loudspeakers ever manufactured. If you are looking for a performance speaker to make a visual impact, there isn’t another design quite like Nautilus. Then there is how they sound, Nautilus has been at the pinnacle of the B&W range for going on two decades so you know they are going to sound amazing providing you have enough budget, room and HI-Fi to accommodate this iconic speaker. Speaking of iconic then there is the shape, it is impossible not to get caught up in the majesty of this very special speaker!
Price available upon application, please contact our friendly staff to learn more.
Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus Key Features;
- Hand-built to customer order
- Iconic high-end loudspeaker
- Ground-breaking sonic design
- Active Crossover (supplied)
- Freq. Response: 25Hz – 20kHz ± 0.5dB on reference axis
- Freq. Range: -6dB at 10Hz and 25kHz
- Power Handling: 100W – 300W into 8 ohms one amplifier channel is required for each drive unit.
- Electronic crossover supplied with the speaker.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1210mm x 430mm x 1105mm
- Net Weight: 110kg (loudspeaker: 60kg base: 50kg)
- One channel per drive unit 100 – 500 W into 8 ohms
- High Frequency: 2 domed units of anodised aluminium of similar construction, 50mm and 25mm in diameter, handle the 880Hz-3.5 kHz and 3.5 kHz-25 kHz ranges respectively. All drive units are completely mounted on silicone rubber O-rings to decouple them from the cabinet
- Mid-range/high frequency: From 220Hz to 880 Hz, a 100mm flat-fronted unit is employed to prevent the gentle cavity resonance found in conventional cone units at around 2 kHz interfering with the output from the upper/midrange unit. A rare-earth magnet assembly with a hollow pole is used to minimise the obstruction to the rear radiation from the diaphragm
- Bass: A 9.5kg (21lbs) magnet with a 100mm (4in) voice coil acts as the massive motor of the 300mm (12in) bass unit (10Hz-220Hz). This, when used in the exponential line enclosure, results in a high-pass behaviour so over-damped that the traditional second-order characteristic is replaced by two distinct first-order slopes and no stored energy. A 250-micron one-piece aluminium cone ensures coherent motion to beyond 1.5kHz
Choice of Standard Finishes Available:
Bowers & Wilkins also offer a special service that can match any colour from a sample or colour reference to make Nautilus truly yours