The Densen B-420XS is transparent, dynamic, precise, engaging, musically correct, with a precise soundstage, and the ability to create a sound so good you forget you are “just” listening to a CD Player. If you are looking for a giant leap forward in digital music reproduction, you are in for a real treat here. The B-420XS uses Densens updated CD drive, which is made to fit Densens quality standards and which secures a very stable digital transfer to the DAC. The B-420XS has a coaxial digital input allowing it to be used as DAC for other digital sources like streamers and computers.
The B-420XS has double goldplated RCA outputs, coaxial digital output and Densen’s own Digital output format which allows for easy upgrade to separate DAC and Transport if Densen decides to launch a separate DAC. The digital outputs can be switched off. It also has DenLink for easy communication between Densen products and for use in multiroom systems.
Densen B-420XS Highlights:
- Fitted with Densens latest CD drive, the “Masterclock V.3”
- Features a digital Coaxial input and as such doubles as a DAC
- Extremely overkill 300VA toroidal power transformer with no less than 8 individual regulators.
- 40.000 uF capacitor bank of Densen high-grade custom Densen capacitors.
- Can be upgraded to a B-440XS at a modest price.
- Upgradeable with external power supply (1-NRG, 2-NRG)
- Designed in Denmark – Made in Denmark
- Line outputs: 2 sets
- Digital outputs: 1x coaxial output
- Digital input: 1x coaxial input
- D/A converters: 1
- Converter type: 24bit, 192 KHz
- Customized Densen CD-transport, Masterclock V.3
- Storage capacity: 40.000 uF
- Power supply size: 300VA
- Can be upgraded to B-440XS
- Upgradeable with the external power supply: Can be used with 1-NRG or 2-NRG
- Weight: 10 kg
- Dimensions: 444x310x64mm