The world-renowned Legacy Focus SE is now available with internal amplification and more, in the Legacy Audio Focus XD. The award-winning Legacy V System and AERIS (2021 Product of the Year) are based upon multi-amplification technology. Now, these same powerful upgrades are available for the popular Focus speaker.
Legacy Audio Focus XD Features and Specifications:
The new Legacy Focus XD features 750 watts of super-low distortion ICEpower amplification inside each tower. The benefits of bi-amplification are significant- reduced intermodulation, improved transients, greater dynamic range and lower distortion. The back panel of the Focus XD provides a balanced XLR and a high-level binding post input (from your existing amplifier), offering the user multiple configurations:
1. Active Biamplification by powering the dual 12″ woofers with the internal amplifier and using an external amplifier for the mids and highs.
2. Connect the internal 750-watt amplifier to the bass section via the internal crossover.
3. The Fully Active Focus XD option allows the entire speaker to be internally powered by the full range amplifier- a method employed by many music professionals.
The Focus XD incorporates the same driver complement as the Focus SE, featuring dual 12″ ultra-linear bass drivers, dual 7″ silver/graphite midranges and the Legacy Dual AMT System. The dual 12″ woofers of the Focus XD deliver unprecedented linear output with snap and definition with rich upper bass and clean transition to the lower midrange owing to a 15 lb motor structure.
The stiffened and reinforced cabinetry progressively narrows with rising frequency to avoid parallel surfaces and eliminate potential standing waves. Driver tolerances on Focus XD are performance-matched to +/-0.25 dB.
While Focus SE continues to be the top choice passive full-range tower, the Focus XD upgrade is the next Focus advancement and result of over 30 years of continuous refinement.
Configurable, Internally powered full range or bi-ampable tower with mastering grade clarity
- 6 driver, 4 way
- Dual Air Motion Tweeter System- 1″ AMT Super Tweeter, Kimber silver HF wire
- Dual Air Motion Tweeter System- 4″ AMT Tweeter
- Dual 7″ Silver Graphite, cast frame
- Dual 12″ ultra-linear bass drivers with 15 lb motor
- Assisted 6th order Butterworth, dual rear ported
- 1 Pair binding posts for upper range, 1 XLR balanced for full range or bass section
- 750 Watt ICEpower amplifier
- 1 channel of 10 watts minimum for bi-amping upper range
Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB):
- 4 Ohm/ 10k amp Input
- 95.4 dB (2.83V@1m)
- 120, 2.8K, 8K
Cabinet Dimensions HxWxD (inches):
- 55 x 14 x 15.375
- 141 Ibs
- 193 lbs
Note: Price and built time vary depending on colour