The Parasound A 31 was designed in response to increasing demand for a three-channel power amp that holds nothing back in power or performance. The A 31 is identical in performance and sound to the award‐winning Halo A 51.
Here are a few of the many applications for the A 31:
1) To power the front three channels of a home theatre. The surround and Atmos channels can then be powered by a smaller Parasound power amplifier or matching A 51 & A 21 Plus
2) To power the centre channel and two surround channels. This allows the Left and Right front speakers to be powered by a dedicated two-channel power amp such as the Halo A 21 Plus, or better yet, two JC 1 Plus monoblocks. This is ideal for the music lover who is unwilling to compromise stereo reproduction.
3) To power the front three channels in an AV receiver‐based system. The remaining surround and back channels can be driven by the receiver. This assures you the best sound for the front channels while enabling the AVR to produce more power for the surround and back channels.
However you employ the A 31, you will be delighted by its impeccable sonics, striking authority and faithful reproduction of the smallest details.
Parasound A 31 Features and Specifications:
- 250 watts x 3 @ 8 Ohms / 400 watts x 3 @ 4 Ohms
- Adjustable gain for up to +6db over THX Reference level
- Unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR inputs
- Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- High bias class A/AB operation
- Direct-coupled (no capacitors or inductors in the signal path)
- Complementary MOSFET driver stage and JFET input stage
- 24 beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors
- 1.5 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer with independent
secondary windings for each channel
- 98,400 µF power supply filter capacitance
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- AC present, channel status, high-temperature indicators
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker terminals
- THX Ultra2 certified
- Auto turn-on by 12v trigger or audio signal
- 4u Chassis, carry handles, rack mounting adapter included
Continuous power output:
250 watts RMS x 3, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 8 Ω, all channels driven
400 watts RMS x 3, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 4 Ω, all channels driven
60 amperes peak per channel
5 Hz – 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
Total harmonic distortion:
< 0.2 % at full power
IM distortion: balanced 16 V rms
< 0.04 %
> 130 V/µsecond
> 1.5 dB
> 78 dB at 1 kHz;
> 63 dB at 20 kHz
1 V for 28.28 V (THX Reference)
47 k Ω unbalanced; 94 k Ω balanced
112 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 1100 at 20 Hz
17-1/4″ w x 7-5/8″ h x 19-1/8″ d, 7″ h without feet
Net weight: 65 lb.
Shipping weight: 79 lb.