Whether you are just starting out on your journey into vinyl or looking for a turntable to bring your record collection to life we highly recommend the Rega Planar 3, this turntable offers loads of performance and detail far exceeding its asking price especially when fitted with the Rega Exact cartridge
Rega Planar 3 Features;
- What Hi-Fi? Product of the year 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- RB330 precision tonearm
- Rega Elys 2 cartridge factory fitted (optional)
- Rega Exact cartridge factory fitted (optional)
- Double brace technology
- 24 V low noise, low vibration motor
- 12 mm float glass opti-white polished platter
- Supplied with clear dust cover as standard.
- Compatible with Rega Neo turntable power supply (sold separately)
- High gloss plinth with three colour options
- Advanced EBLT drive belt fitted as standard from March 2021
- Rega Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
The iconic Planar 3
Rega has pioneered the use of lightweight rigid plinths. Clever use of lightweight particulate core with a highly rigid phenolic resin skin became the foundations of the high level of performance achieved by the now iconic original Planar range.
The new Planar 3 takes this design philosophy to the next level. A lightweight acrylic laminated plinth strengthened using a new improved double brace system mounted specifically where the increased rigidity is required (between the tonearm mounting and the main hub bearing) which forms a structurally sound “stressed beam” assembly. This rigid plinth design prevents energy absorption and unwanted resonance, which will add unnatural distortions to the music. Equally, heavier mass can transfer more unwanted energy, such as motor or bearing noise directly into the rotating record. The use of braces instead of the complete skin allows double thickness phenolic resin in these key areas while providing further weight reduction to the plinth which directly addresses the issue of mass absorption and unwanted energy transmission.
RB330 tonearm –
- Featuring a new bias assembly, re-designed stiffer vertical bearing housing, integrated
- arm clip and an improved spring housing with easier to read numbers.
- Rega made, new low capacitance phono cable with Neutrik plugs,
- Improved lower friction, precision horizontal and vertical bearings
- New design 100g mild steel balance weight.
Plinth – High gloss acrylic, laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance, ergonomically positioned power switch. Two plinth finishes at launch: gloss black & gloss white
Double braces – Improved thicker 3mm phenolic bottom brace and new metalised skin phenolic top brace.
Bearing housing – Re-designed brass main hub central bearing, improved fit and construction reducing stress on the bearing itself.
Sub platter – Re-designed sub platter, improved accuracy and improved stiffness.
Platter – New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ polished rim 12mm – Improved accuracy in manufacture and stunning looks.
Re-designed foot – New improved foot to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
24 Volt motor – Improved new motor control PCB with integration for the addition of TT-PSU for electronic speed change and improved advanced anti-vibration circuit (sold separately).
Motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
- Compatible with the TT-PSU electronic speed change and power supply box (optional).
- Dimensions (lid closed) H 11.7 x W 44.7 x D 36 cm
- Weight 6kg
Finished in Gloss Black, Gloss Red or Gloss White