The Stax SRH-009S takes the highly regarded SRH-009 to a whole new level improving on what we thought was almost perfect. If you are in the market for a no-compromise head-fi setup you must consider the SRH-009S
Stax SRH-009S Key Features and Specifications:
Multilayer fixed electrode MLER (Multi-Layer-Elect-Rords) established with SR-009 has evolved to MLER 2. The finish and etching process that smoothes the edge of the electrode opening reduces air resistance and further improves sound permeability. Also, the electrodes themselves are gold plated with high specific gravity to minimize the resonance of the ultra-thin electrode. At the same time, due to the effect of reducing the electric resistance of the electrode itself by gold plating, we have opened up a new ground for high speed, clarity, silky details, and powerful texture.
Aluminium is a metal good for sound and suitable material for audio equipment. It is abundantly used, e.g. at the frame supporting the appearance and sound element, to realize high-quality sound, rigidity and lightweight. Almost every part of the SR-009 is manufactured through precise machine processing.
The high-purity copper developed from the necessity of wiring large-scale integration circuits is also known as high-quality audio cables. High-purity copper wire of 99.9999% (6Nines) purity adopted for the cable is further silver-coated and finished with the most suitable structure to drive the earspeaker.
The earpad of a new design is carefully made by a craftsman’s hand and features both the real leather with a good humidity environment and the cushion material with moderate elasticity.
The new earpad enables hours of comfortable listening to music.
ARC (head band):
The arc is equipped with a position adjustment mechanism of 10-step slider and corresponds to the wide range of cranial form with individual differences.
- Type: Push-Pull Open Back Circular Electrostatic Headphone
- Frequency Response: 5 – 42,000Hz
- Electrostatic Capacitance: 110pF (including cable)
- Impedance: 145k Ω (including cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound Pressure Sensitivity: 101dB / 100V r.m.s. 1 kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure: 118dB / 400Hz
- Bias Voltage: 580V DC
- Left & Right Identification: “L” and “R” indicated on the arc assembly (inside head spring) Left channel cable is marked with a solid Line. Right channel is marked with a dotted Line.
- Ear Pads: Genuine Lamb Leather (direct skin contact), high-quality synthetic leather (surrounding portion)
- Cable: Silver-coated 6N (99.9999%) OFC parallel 6-strand, low-capacity special wide cable, 2.5m full length
- Weight: 1lb without cable / 1.3lb with cable
Specifications and appearance are subject to change for improvement.