The STAX SRM-252S Headphone Amp is an exclusive driver unit for driving the STAX Ear Speakers with PRO-Bias 5 Pins. The SRM-252S Headphone Amp’s line input can directly connect to the audio output terminal of CD Players, Portable Audio Players or your PC.
The STAX SRM-252S Headphone Amp has a simple design that excels in sound quality employing the carefully selected newest high-voltage transistors and low-noise FETs. The output stage featuring the emitter-follower configuration reinforces the driving performance and also realizes the smooth sound quality. Moreover, the Class-A Amplification throughout the stages with no coupling capacitors reproduces exhaustively the finest nuance of music. Although the STAX SRM-252S Headphone Amp includes a Class-A DC Amplifier in a compact CD Jacket Size Case, the internal heat is effectively dissipated through the chassis of aluminium extrusion material to improve the reliability over a long period of time. Also, the parallel output terminal was added to distribute the source signal so that a loudspeaker may also be simultaneously used when source equipment has only a pair of output terminals.
Stax SRM-252s Specifications;
- Frequency Response: DC-35kHz (40V r.m.s. output, when used with STAX SR-003 Ear Speakers.)
- Gain: 58dB (about 800 times)
- Harmonic Distortion: 0.01% (at 100V r.m.s./1kHz output with STAX SR-003 Ear Speakers.)
- Input Impedance: 50kOhms
- Rated Input Level: 125mV (100V output)
- Maximum Output Voltage: 280V r.m.s.
- Operating Temperature: 0-35 degrees C (non-condensing)
- Dimensions (mm): 132 (W) x 38 (H) x 132 (D)
- Weight: 540g (approx., 1.19lbs)
- Power Consumption: DC 12V/4W (when using supplied AC adaptor)
- Accessory included: AC Power Adaptor
Specifications and appearance are subject to change for improvement.