The Stax SRM-727II represents a solid-state amplifier created with no expense spared to drive the upper range of Stax Earspeakers. Essentially the SRM-007tII is a high-end Hi-Fi amplifier for Stax headphones.
The electrostatic method is a playback method that involves the installation of drive electrodes on either side of a high-polymer film diaphragm with a thickness of only a few microns into each of which a plus signal and a minus signal are fed. This means that an XLR connection with a pure balance output CD player makes it possible to listen to the original sound permitted by the balance system without a conversion circuit.
The output stage has been incorporated by newly developing a non-feedback (NON-NFB) large current emitter follower Class A amplification circuit. This makes it possible to achieve a much more vivid and dynamic sound quality.
The emitter follower at the output stage makes it possible to achieve lower impedance. A major expansion in dynamic range in the upper frequency has also been achieved.
DC amplifier configuration without the use of a coupling condenser.
A high sound quality, low noise FET is used at the input stage with a simple two-stage amplifying circuit. Natural and pure sound quality with high information quantity is realized.
When connecting your favourite attenuator or pre-amplifier, a direct switch that avoids duplication of the volume unit is included.
Careful selection of parts with high consideration on sound quality, performance, and the environment.
In order to avoid magnetic distortion, the chassis is made of aluminium materials, thereby contributing to the purity of sound.
Amplification is set at a low level, thereby facilitating subtle adjustment of volume during XLR input and when using high-output CD players, etc.
Parallel output terminals (RCA) are included to enable the signal to pass through.
A new panel face has been designed with rounded corners and silver brushed finish.
Earspeakers of PRO bias (5-pin) type can be used.
Control functions are restricted to the volume, and the input uses a single selecting system between RCA or XLR. This is a drive unit for exclusive use with earspeakers with emphasis placed first and foremost upon purity.
1 Only ex-demonstration unit $1,890
Stax SRM-727II Key Specifications;
- Type: All-stage semiconductors Low noise dual FET input NON-NFB Class A operation, Pure balance DC amplifier configuration Earspeaker driver unit
- Frequency Response: DC to 115,000Hz w/ SR-007 or SR-404
- High Harmonic Distortion: Max. 0.01% (with 100 to 10kHz, 100V r.m.s. )
- Gain: 54dB (x500)
- Input Terminal: RCA OR XLR with 1 RCA parallel out
- Rated Input Level: 200mV / 100V Outputs
- Max. Input Level: Input Impedance:50Kohm(RCA), 50kohm x2 (XLR)
- Max. Output Voltage: 450V r.m.s. (1kHz)
- Standard Bias Voltage: PRO 580V x 2
- Power Voltage Frequency: 117V (50Hz / 60Hz)
- Power Consumption: 46W
- Temperature & Humidity: 0 to 35ºC / 90% max. without condensation
- Dimensions: 7.7 (W) x 4.1 (H) x 16.5 (D) in
- Weight: 11.5lbs
- Color: Silver or Black
Specifications and appearance are subject to change for improvement.