The Unison Research Unico Primo is a hybrid integrated stereo amplifier capable of delivering not less than 85W RMS continuous on an 8ohm load with both the channels driver (as usual for Unison Research declared power will be lower in order to keep our promises in every condition); with impulsive and not correlate signals (i. e. a real musical signal) the maximum power will be even higher.
The prototyping phase has been passed, the fine-tuning consisting of long hours of listening. After lots of sessions with different kind of music, different loudspeakers, different listeners and a number of little modifications and part selections the final release is now on the way to production lines.
This is a fantastic amp for the money, a great entry point into serious hi-fi for those that love music.
Unison Research Unico Primo Technical characteristics
- Output power: >80W RMS on 8Ω
- Output stage: Dynamic A Class POWER MOSFET complementary pair
- Polarization: Classe A Dinamic
- Input stage: Triodi A-Class A
- Valve: 1 x ECC83 (12AX7)
- Sensibilty: 260mV
- Input impedance: 50 kΩ / 47 pF
- Frequency response: -0.1dB@10Hz / -0.5dB@100kHz
- SNR: 90dB
- THD: 0.15% @ 10W, 1kHz
- Negative feedback: 10dB
- Damping Factor: >50
- Inputs: 5 line RCA, 1 tape RCA
- Output: 1 tape RCA, 1 subwoofer RCA
- Output connectors: 4 +4 per Bi-Wiring
- Remote control: Volume, IR
- Power consumption: 380W max
- Dimensions (la x lu x alt): 43.5 x 43 x 9.5 cm
- Net weight: 14 kg