Chord Electronics Qutest DAC
A direct replacement for the multi-award-winning 2Qute the Chord Electronics Qutest is the very latest DAC based on Chord’s Hugo 2 platform. Featuring an all-new chassis design and including M-Scaler operation via the dual coax BNC connectors the Qutest performed so brilliantly upon its recent release it earned the prestigious What hi-fi Stars of CES 2018 award!
Chord Electronics Qutest DAC key features;
- USB Type B (White): 44.1kHz – 768kHz – 16bit – 32bit
- 2x BNC Coax (Red): 44.1kHz – 768kHz – 16bit – 32bit
- Optical (Green): 44.1kHz – 192kHz – 16bit – 24bit
- 1x stereo pair of RCA (Left and Right)
- 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz, 717.6kHz, and 768kHz.
- Native playback supported. DSD64 (Single) to DSD512 (Octa-DSD)
- Fixed, but selectable between 3v (blue), 2v (green), and 1v (red) via dual press of ‘Filter’ + ‘Input’ upon startup
- Driverless with Mac OS X and Linux, driver required for Windows OS
Device Power Supply:
- 5v 2amp Micro USB power connection (power adaptor included)
- Chord Electronics custom coded Xilinx Artix 7 (XC7A15T) FPGA
- 10 element pulse array design
- <0.0001% 1kHz 3v RMS 300Ω
THD and noise at 3v RMS:
- 117dB at 1kHz 300ohms ‘A’ wighted (reference 2.5v)
Noise 2.6 uV ‘A’ weighted:
- No measurable noise floor modulation
- 41mm (H) x 160mm (W) x 72mm (D)
Availible in Black only.
Qutest with AP Digital oval 1 meter, Qutest with AP Crystal Oval 1 meter