Weiss DAC 202 Firewire DA Converter
The Weiss DAC202 is a reference class Firewire D/A Converter with a IR remote control for volume control, absolute phase and input source selection.
Features of the Weiss DAC 202:
- Available in silver or black finish
- Digital Inputs: AES/EBU or S/PDIF on 1 XLR, 1 RCA, 1 Toslink, Firewire
- Digital Outputs: AES/EBU on 1 XLR, 1 RCA, Firewire
- Main Analog Output: 2 stereo analog outputs, one on XLR one on RCA
- Headphone output on 1/4″ Jack
- Level control main output: 4 coarse settings via relays (analog domain), fine setting via rotary encoder (digital domain). Level control can be defeated for the main output.
- Level control headphone output: 4 coarse settings via relays (analog domain, independent from the settings in the main output), fine setting via rotary encoder (digital domain).
- Wordsync input on BNC connector
- Wordsync output on BNC connector
- LCD display for display of sampling rate, input source, audio level, absolute phase, upsampling filter type, various menu items
- Rotary encoder with push switch
- IR receiver
- Standby LED
- Headphone Jack socket
- Transparency check (allows to check the bit transparency of a playback chain)
- Setting of the coarse output levels (analog domain), separate for the main output and the headphone output
- Dual / single wire selection for 176.4 / 192 kHz sampling rate
- “Insert Mode” allows to loop in a external digital audio device (e.g. a equalizer) via the AES/EBU I/O on the XLR connectors
- Sampling rate setting on the WSYNC I/O connectors in dual wire mode
- Display brightness
IR Remote control switches:
- power on/off
- volume up
- volume down
- input sources (4 switches for Firewire, XLR, RCA. Toslink)
- DAC upsampling filter type
- absolute phase
Sampling rates: 44.1 up to 192 khz / 24 Bits
The DAC202 also has a new D/A converter and new analog output stages
compared to former D/A Converter models. The D/A converter uses two converters per channel to gain in signal to noise ratio.