Krix Acoustix Mk2 Bookshelf Speakers
- power of a floorstander in a bookshelf speaker
- perfect for use in custom joinery
- versatile in all multi-channel applications
$1395 – $2495 depending on finish
The Acoustix loudspeaker brings a level of room placement flexibility not before seen in this type of Krix design. The dual front ports make this speaker the perfect choice for use in TV cabinets and custom joinery, eliminating ‘boomy’ bass qualities found when using rear ported speakers in this type of application.
The Acoustix can be used as the basis for a high quality stereo system, or add the matching Graphix centre channel to the mix to deliver precise timbral matching to the Acoustix mains / rear channels. An acoustically intricate experience.
26mm ring tweeter
Ring radiator with central waveguide for improved intelligibility and transparency.
dual 130mm bass drivers
High sensitivitly large voice coil drivers provide articulate and tight bass.
dual front vents
Releases bass energy forward to allow unit to be used in TV cabinets and furniture.
- Frequency Range
- 45Hz – 40kHz in room response
- Power Handling
- 20 – 160 Watts RMS recommended amplifier power
- 89dB for 2.83 volts at 1 metre
- Point source dual 5 inch 2-way
- Bass Driver(s)
- Fibre reinforced moulded polymer baskets with 2 x nominal 130mm (5″) doped paper cones. 25mm (1″) voice coil wound on high powered aluminium former, with vented magnet assembly.
- 26mm (1″) dual concentric diaphragm with wave guide centre plug for controlled directivity. Neodymium magnet.
- Nominally 6 Ohms (minimum 4.3 Ohms)
- Enclosure Type
- Bass reflex, front vented with internal / external flaring
- 450mm high x 180mm wide x 300mm deep (including grille)
- 10kg each (including grille)