Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus Loudspeakers
$105,000.00 inc. GST
Due to agreements in place with the manufacturer/distributor this product is unavailable for online sale which is why there is no add to cart. Please either fill out the enquiry form on this page or give one of our friendly staff members a call, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have in the best interests in securing your business
The Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus Loudspeakers are considered to be one of most iconic statement loudspeakers ever manufactured. If you are looking for a performance speaker to make visual impact, i don’t think there is another design quite like Nautilus, then there is how they sound, i have been lucky enough to hear Nautilus on a few occasions, words cannot describe how good they are plus i think it is impossible not to get caught up in the majesty of this very special speaker!
Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus Key Features;
- Hand-built to customer order
- Iconic high-end loudspeaker
- Ground-breaking sonic design
- Active Crossover (supplied)
- Freq. Response: 25Hz – 20kHz ± 0.5dB on reference axis
- Freq. Range: -6dB at 10Hz and 25kHz
- Power Handling: 100W – 300W into 8 ohms one amplifier channel is required for each drive unit.
- Electronic crossover supplied with speaker.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1210mm x 430mm x 1105mm
- Net Weight: 110kg (loudspeaker: 60kg base: 50kg)
- One channel per drive unit 100 – 500 W into 8 ohms
- High Frequency: 2 domed units of anodised aluminium of similar construction, 50mm and 25mm in diameter, handle the 880Hz-3.5 kHz and 3.5 kHz-25 kHz ranges respectively. All drive units are completely mounted on silicone rubber O-rings to decouple them from the cabinet
- Mid-range/high frequency: From 220Hz to 880 Hz, a 100mm flat-fronted unit is employed to prevent the gentle cavity resonance found in conventional cone units at around 2 kHz interfering with the output from the upper/midrange unit. A rare earth magnet assembly with hollow pole is used to minimise the obstruction to the rear radiation from the diaphragm
- Bass: A 9.5kg (21lbs) magnet with a 100mm (4in) voice coil acts as the massive motor of the 300mm (12in) bass unit (10Hz-220Hz). This, when used in the exponential line enclosure, results in a high-pass behaviour so over-damped that the traditional second-order characteristic is replaced by two distinct first-order slopes and no stored energy. A 250 micron one-piece aluminium cone ensures coherent motion to beyond 1.5kHz
Choice of Standard Finishes Availible:
- Gloss Midnight Blue
- Piano Black
- Gloss Silver
Custom finishes available