Experience the sonic strength the Vortex will bring to your home theatre system.
- vertical tweeter and midrange arrangement ensures every seat in your room is a good one
- tight and remarkable bass
- dedicated midrange driver for extra vocal detail and clarity
$1395 – $2545 depending on finish
The Vortex is based on the highly successful Epicentrix and has been designed to deliver perfect timbral matching to the Harmonix main speakers. The dual 165mm bass drivers, single midrange and 26mm tweeter used in the Vortex are identical to those in the Harmonix ensuring the ‘audio stage’ is seamless in it’s transition from left to right. Focus is on vocal clarity, midrange depth and a dynamic bass response. Experience the sonic strength the Vortex will bring to your home theatre system.
large 26mm ring tweeter
Ring radiator with central waveguide for improved intelligibility and transparency.
130mm midrange driver
dedicated midrange driver for pristine clarity definition.
dual 165mm bass drivers
Increased cone area for effortless bass delivery.
internally braced enclosure
Reduces standing waves and cabinet resonances. Tight mid bass performance.
dual front vents
Releases bass energy forward to allow unit to be used in TV cabinets and furniture.
- Frequency Range
- 35Hz – 40kHz in room response
- Power Handling
- 50 – 250 Watts RMS recommended amplifier power
- 91dB for 2.83 volts at 1 metre
- 4 driver 3-way bi-wirable / bi-ampable
- Bass Driver(s)
- 2 x nominal 165mm (6½”) laminated polypropylene cones. 33mm (1¼”) voice coil wound on high powered aluminium former, with ventilated spider and aluminuim flux stabilization ring for low distortion
- Mid Range Driver
- 1 x nominal 130mm (5″) coated paper cone. 26mm (1″) voice coil wound on high powered aluminium former, using copper shorting ring and oversized magnet for lower distortion
- 26mm (1″) dual concentric diaphragm with wave-guide centre plug for controlled directivity. Non-reflective dual chambered magnet structure with copper shorting ring to lower distortion
- Nominally 6 Ohms (minimum 3 Ohms)
- Enclosure Type
- Dual bass chambers, bass reflex + sealed midrange chamber, front vented with internal / external flaring.
- 230mm high x 725mm wide x 383mm deep (inc. grille)
- 24 kg each