Bowers & Wilkins CT8 LR Custom Cinema Speaker is for those of you that would like a no-compromise home cinema. The CT8 LR is probably best described as part of a speaker system as it requires the use of a bespoke active crossover and multiple power amplifiers. The performance capabilities of the CT8 LR can only be described as a cinema reference, if you want the best then I would suggest that this product is one of a very select few that can do the job! The CT8 LR is designed to be used in conjunction with the CT8CC centre speaker to create an outstanding custom cinema front end.
Bowers & Wilkins CT8 LR Key Features:
- Description: 3-way closed-box system
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 23Hz and 40kHz
- Frequency Response: 29Hz – 24kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Sensitivity: 93dB spl (2.83V, 1m) (mf/hf)
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response, Horizontal: over 60º arc, Vertical: over 10º arc
- Drive Units: 1x ø32mm (1 in) metal dome high-frequency, 1x ø150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FSTTM midrange, 2x ø250mm (10 in) carbon fibre/rigid foam sandwich cone bass.
- Crossover Frequency: 300Hz, 4kHz
- Dispersion within 2dB of reference response (over 60° arc – horizontal / over 10° arc – vertical
- Active Bass Crossover
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50W – 1000W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1100 [excluding spike feet] x 325 x 550mm (43.3 x 12.8 x 21.65 in.)
- Weight: 85kg
Please note that CT8 XO crossovers are required per speaker and two channels of amplification are required per speaker
Download PDF info sheet HERE