The Legacy Audio V System is a high-performance groundbreaking achievement that unites perfect timing with an incredible design. This 4-way system is the first to use the Legacy Wavelet Processor (an advanced speaker & room resonance correction system with a high-end DAC/Preamplifier) and features open-air dipole midrange, dual subwoofers with internal amplification, two Legacy 4” long AMT tweeters in a specially optimized post convergent array and craftsmanship display options.
Legacy Audio V System Features and Specifications:
The Legacy V is the first system to use the new dual 4” long Legacy AMT neodymium tweeters, arranged in a specially optimized post convergent array that masterfully presents treble which extends up to 30kHz. Building upon the advances first developed for the award-winning AERIS speaker system, V features open-air dual 14” carbon/pulp drivers delivering detailed and spacious midrange and bass.
Legacy Chief Designer Bill Dudleston utilized a 12” ultra-linear bass driver with a 15lb motor complemented by another 12” aluminium very-low-frequency radiator which drives three 10” mass loaded pneumatic radiators. The result? Unprecedented excursion at the longest wavelengths with a superior dynamic response. The V speaker system even shapes low frequencies into a cardioid pattern to avoid room colouration. The low frequencies are amplified by the included 1,500 Watts of the latest generation of ICEpower® amplification.
The system is the first to include the Legacy Wavelet Processor. Wavelet is a preamp, a four-way crossover with time alignment, complete speaker and room resonance correction, and a high-end DAC with apodizing ability. The Preamp and DAC can also be bypassed at the touch of a button. Wavelet debuts the revolutionary Bohmer acoustic processing to optimize the loudspeaker/room acoustic transfer function in both the frequency and time domains. Working with new algorithms starts with a psychoacoustically based measurement method with the provided calibrated microphone. Alignments are then individually optimized within an unprecedented 40ms window by way of a wireless iPad, smartphone or computer. The result is an audibly improved transient response that allows the V system to operate accurately and consistently in any listening environment.
The V system’s ultra-high-end performance capabilities are only matched by its design. The intricately crafted cabinet features optional high gloss, real wood veneer and aluminium extrusions. The elegant design is highlighted by a gentle illumination from within the centre of each tower- complimenting the groundbreaking performance technology within the V speaker system. The latest speaker in the Handcrafted Master’s Series, the Legacy V ushers in the new benchmark in speaker systems.
- DSP Based ultra-dynamic system with unprecedented room adaptability
- Wavelet 2 input, 8 output, 56 bit DSP, Room Correction/Stereo Unfold algorithm
- 8 driver system with 4 channel DSP crossover
- Dual 4″ AMT Ribbons configured in post convergent array
- Dual 6″ curvilinear with phase plug configured in dipolar array
- Dual 14″ Carbon/pulp, neodymium motor, cast frame, dipolar pattern
- 12″ ultra-linear bass driver, 15 lb motor structure
- 12″ Aluminum diaphragm, 480 oz motor structure, cast frame, 3″ dual 4 layer voice coil
- (3) 10″ Mass loaded pneumatic
- Compound B6, B2 handing up to dipole
- 2 pair binding posts for Midbass and Upper Range, 2 XLR balanced for Sub & Bass
- ICE powered Subwoofer 1000w, Bass 500w
- 2 external channels of 30w or greater are required. Sub & Bass sections are driven with a total of 1500w of internal Power
Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB):
- 4 ohm upper range/ 10k Amp Input
- 98 dB (2.83 Volts@1m)
- 80 Hz, 400 Hz, 3kHz
Cabinet Dimensions HxWxD (inches):
- 72 x 18.75 x 19
- 231 Ibs each
- 362 lbs each
Note: Price and build time varies depending on the colour