The M2Tech Joplin is a high-performance A/D converter capable of handling up to 384kHz sampling rates and 32 bits resolution (USB output). It features a high-speed asynchronous USB input based on the hiFace Two technology, further developed to allow for higher sampling rates.
A comprehensive output set (S/PDIF on RCA, AES/EBU on XLR and optical on Toslink) provide great connection flexibility. Also, an auxiliary S/PDIF digital input on RCA allows for re-using the digital connection used for the Joplin for a digital source, as well as for redirecting the output from a digital source to a computer that is not provided with a S/PDIF input. Despite its price, Joplin encompasses a leading-edge technology for data handling and processing. An FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) is used to provide a seamless connection between the ADC IC and the USB port (both operating in master mode for low jitter reasons), as well as for a large number of important clock and data routing tasks, not to mention the VU-meter drive. The analog stage is based on the best PGA (Programmable Gain Amplifier) available on the market and allows for gain as high as 65dB (equivalent to 0.95mVrms for 0dBFS). A comprehensive set of equalization curves can be selected, to accommodate all phono formats ever used from 1925 to the present day, plus eq curves for reel-to-reel tapes with straight output from the playback head.
The small size and stylish look of the Joplin allow for easy placement in every living space.
M2Tech Joplin DETAILS:
- High-speed asynchronous USB connection. Single-ended stereo input on RCA.
- S/PDIF, AES/EBU and Toslink digital outputs. Auxiliary S/PDIF input for bridging.
- Selectable input gain 0dB to 65dB. Wide choice of equalization curves in the digital domain.
- Various filter options (anti-rumble, anti-hiss, MPX). Remote control.
- Encased in a stylish aluminium case.
- 200(w) x 50(h) x 200(d) mm
- 1Kg approx.
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8*, 384*
- 16, 20, 24 bit (S/PDIF, AES/EBU, optical, with or without dither), 16, 20, 24, 32 bit (USB, with or without noise shaping)
- 10-20kHz +0.1/-0.5dB (fs = 44.1kHz), 10-150kHz +0.1/-0.1dB (fs=384kHz)
- 122dB (A-weighted, 384kHz, 32 bits, gain 0dB), 114dB (A weighted, 192kHz, 24 bits with noise shaping, gain 0dB), 100dB (A weighted, 192kHz, 24 bits with noise shaping, gain 40dB)
- 0.00045% (1.7Vrms in, 192kHz, 24 bits, gain 0dB)
- 0dB, 10dB to 65dB in 1dB steps
- -110dB @1kHz
- analog single-ended on RCA female, S/PDIF on RCA female
- 1x S/PDIF (RCA female), 1x AES/EBU (XLR), 1x optical (Toslink), 1x USB (USB female Type B)
- 1.7Vrms (4.8Vpp @ 0dBFS)