From one of the early pioneers of high-quality CD players comes the Marantz SA12 SE. Marantz was in at the start of CD, launching its first player — the original CD-63 — in 1982. In the following years, Marantz became well known as the CD-Player specialist. Drawing on the development process for the flagship SA-10 and SA-KI Ruby, the SA-12 Special Edition was created to celebrate the love of music and exalt the mastery and emotion of music.
The Marantz engineering team created this player to deliver the kind of sound able to bring you closer than ever to your favourite music. The reason is simple, and central to everything Marantz
does. Because Music Matters.
Marantz SA12 SE CD Player Key Features:
• Engineered and extensively tuned by European and Japanese sound engineers drawing on more than 35 years of Marantz expertise in CD players
• In-house-developed SACD/CD mechanism “SACDM-3”, designed purely for audio
• SACD/CD playback, and playback of compilations on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM
• Asynchronous USB input for hi-res audio up to PCM / DXD 384kHz/32bit and DSD11.2MHz
• Isolation of USB and digital inputs to block noise from internal and external sources
• Innovative Marantz Musical Mastering ‘MMM-Stream’ upsampling to DSD and filtering
• Custom-designed 1-bit direct ‘MMM – Conversion’ from DSD to analogue
• New analogue output stage with Marantz HDAM-SA3 and HDAM-SA2 technology and low impedance output
• Power supply using toroidal transformer
• Dedicated headphone amplifier with all-discrete construction featuring HDAM-SA2
• Available in Black and Silver Gold.
Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) in cm 419 x 424 x 123mm
Weight in kg 16.4kg