The Auris Nirvana IV is one of those amps that performs great with every single pair of headphones you throw at it, from the easiest driving – dynamic to the hardest, planar magnetic, and the other way round. The range of supported headphone impedances is huge – from 32 to 600 Ohms. Apart from the fact that it’s maybe too powerful, there absolutely isn’t a single thing you don’t like about the amplifier. It looks stunning and the separate power supply gives it an extra classy look. The external PSU, which delivers the best possible constant power (no AC) to the amp section, is the safest choice when trying to achieve an audiophile performance.
Auris Nirvana IV Information:
- Stylish, full-sized headphone amplifier, designed in a single-ended technology with a 6,5W pure class A per channel
- Enables driving a wide range of headphones, from easy driving dynamics to planar magnetic ones
- Usage of iconic EL34 tubes, known for deep and tight bass, sweet mids and extended and detailed highs
- Robust and durable aluminium case
Nirvana proves that bass performance from headphones can match the quality and the number of bass-via-massive-woofers. No loss of detail, perfect clarity, precision and airiness with all the headphones plugged into it. In the matter of sound, Nirvana represents a blend of Auris Ha2 and Headonia amplifier, in the way that it takes the best of both. Balanced mode reveales many hidden layers of music and the reproduction becomes slightly more detailed.
It sounds like you’re in heaven with a dynamic, wide and very well-layered sound with a good amount of warmth and tube smoothness. Nirvana gets sound (and looks) just right and it simply is impossible not to like.
In technological terms, Nirvana’s qualities are reflected in:
- Carefully selected and pre-tested tubes – should last for 10.000 hours. It is powered by iconic EL34 by Electro Harmonix, a most common pentode found in British amplifiers. The drive tube is ECC82 by Tung- Sol, popular in audio world as low-noise tube for most popular amplifiers circuits.
- Transformers – manually wound on double C core and manufactured in-house in compliance with strictly defined requirements.
- High quality components – branded Mundorf, Rubicon, Wima etc..
Nirvana has evolved into a robust and durable aluminium case. It is a piece of stylish design with an external power supply unit, attached to the main amplifier via a high-quality 1m long umbilical cord.
- Two transformers on the top of the amp are noticeable with glass protection for tubes
- Tubes are inserted into easily-accessible sockets on the top
- The backlit VU meters and two headphone outputs ( 4-pin XLR + 6,3mm stereo )
- Three dials/selectors for output impedance, volume and inputs
- Two pairs of RCA inputs with a pair of 3-pin XLR power inputs on the back panel
- Pre Out RCA output
- PSU is made of aluminium chassis with a cord wrapped with a proper strain relief
- Supported input voltage selector 110V/220 V
Total Nirvana dimensions are 312mm ( W ) x 332mm ( L ) x 220mm ( H ) with weight of 11,4 kg. PSU with 144mm ( W ) x 204mm ( L ) x 74mm ( H ), allows users to place it next to the amp or on a distance of 1m at most, considering to the length of interconnect cable.
Nirvana comes in a large and hefty box. The unit is protected with plenty of foam inside the box. The package includes a full set of stock tubes, a pair of Auris branded gloves, a user manual, warranty card. Power cables are not included. The packaged weight is 17 kg, in total.
Auris Nirvana IV Product Specification
|Tubes||1 x ECC82, 2 x EL34|
|Amplifier Configuration||Single Ended|
|Power output: max||6.5W|
|Output Impedance||32 Ohm/80 Ohm/150 Ohm/300 Ohm & 600 Ohm|
|Analog Inputs||3 x Line|
|Dimensions (WxLxH) mm||312x332x220|
|Power supply Dimensions (WxLxH) mm||114x204x74|
|Power supply Weight (kg)||3|