Rega has taken their award-winning Planar 1 turntable and added an inbuilt phono amplifier to make it even easier to listen to vinyl on any audio system, welcome the Rega Planar 1 Plus The Planar 1 Plus also comes equipped with a Rega Carbon cartridge.
What Hi-Fi Magazine 5 star review! “Despite a number of modifications to the Planar 1, Rega stays true to its sound: a spritely, entertaining turntable with no obvious flaws”
What Hi-Fi Magazines Pro’s: Good amount of detail, Rhythmic and expressive, Easy to put together
What Hi-Fi Magazines Con’s: Nothing at this price!
Rega Planar 1 Plus Key Features & Specifications;
Brand new RB110 tonearm built with the new Rega designed zero play bearings with ultra-low friction performance (Patent Pending). New bias assembly and integrated arm clip. Includes automatic bias adjustment negating the need for the user to set bias, making this the most ‘Plug & Play’ turntable we have ever manufactured. New ergonomically, re-designed and stiffer headshell for improved usability and appearance.
Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard.
24-volt synchronous motor
The first entry-level Rega turntable to use a 24v, synchronous AC motor with a new motor PCB and aluminium pulley offering low noise and better speed stability.
Brand new Thermoset, gloss laminated plinth with vastly improved appearance and new ergonomically positioned on/off switch located on the underside. Two stunning plinth finishes are available, gloss black and gloss white.
Central Bearing housing
Re-designed brass main bearing, offering improved fit and removing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimising the transfer of potential energy. (Patent pending)
Brand new, 23mm, higher mass, phenolic platter with improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability.
New improved feet to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
Motor cover tray
New motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
New 111g ‘Plug and Play’ balance weight.
Available in Walnut, black or white
- Use only with a Rega PS1 350 mA power supply
- 50 Hz: 24 V AC 0.142 mA maximum power consumption 3.4 W.
- 60 Hz: 24 V AC 0.129 mA maximum power consumption 3.1 W.
- Maximum Output Level (3.54 cm/s RMS 45 degrees CBS STR100 Band 6a and 7a): 370-410 mV
- Output Impedance: 1 kΩ
- Frequency Response (pre-amplifier only): 14 Hz (-3 dB Point) to 100 kHz (-0.6 dB Point)
- RIAA Accuracy (pre-amplifier only): (100 Hz to 20 kHz) ± 0.4 dB typically better than ± 0.25 dB
- Pre-amplifier Gain: 40 dB
- Pre-amplifier Input Loading: 47 kΩ in parallel with 220 pF
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -75 dB A-weighted ref maximum output.
- Power Requirements: 50 Hz 24 V AC 0.142 mA 3.4 W – 60 Hz 24 V AC 0.129 mA 3.1 W
- Dimensions (lid closed) H 11.7 x W 44.7 x D 36 cm
- Weight 4.35kg
Talk to our staff about upgrading your new Planar 1 with a higher-performing Rega cartridge, this is a great way to extract even better performance out of your new turntable!