The Rega Planar 6 is constructed around a unique ultra-light foam core plinth and HPL laminates. It is designed to deliver a level of performance beyond anything at this price. The Planar 6 features the RB330 tonearm and a dual-layer float glass platter. The supplied Neo turntable power supply provides convenient speed selection, advanced anti-vibration control, and electronic fine speed adjustment.
Rega Planar 6 Key Features:
The Planar 6 is built around the huge success of the RP8 and RP10 turntables. It is the first new Rega turntable to be constructed with an ultra-lightweight Tancast 8 polyurethane foam core plinth (a material developed for the aerospace industry). This material is sandwiched between a new HPL (high-pressure laminate). HPL is exceptionally thin whilst extremely rigid and is presented in a stunning Polaris matt grey finished with high gloss polymer black edge trim.
The Planar 6 now benefits from a single piece, machined aluminium sub-platter, a new 24 V motor hand tuned and matched to its own Neo power supply and a custom drive pulley fitted with our upgrade drive belt as standard.
- NEO power supply.
- Super lightweight foam core plinth.
- Plinth laminate: New Polaris HPL (high-pressure laminate). Non-marking matt finish scratch resistant high rigidity skin.
- Available in one finish ‘Polaris Grey’ matt finish with high gloss black polymer edge trim.
- Upgrade white drive belt fitted as standard.
- Custom dual layer smoked/clear float glass platter.
- Single-piece aluminium sub-platter.
- Custom machined high precision drive pulley.
- Patent-pending, ultra-low friction central brass hub.
- Rega’s double brace technology, with integral custom, matched aluminium tonearm and hub pillars to ensure maximum rigidity and accuracy.
- RB330 handmade precision tonearm with custom stainless weight.
- New high spec Rega 24v low noise synchronous motor – each motor matched by hand to its own NEO PSU ensuring optimum anti-vibration control.
- New smoked dust cover.
- New aluminium foot trims and Planar style feet.
- Option available with Ania MC or Exact MM cartridge factory fitted
Rega Ania Pro Moving Coil Cartridge:
Tracking Pressure 1.75 – 2.00g
Input load impedance 100 ohms
Output impedance 10 ohms
Nominal output voltage 350μV
Channel Balance : ≥ 20μV
Separation : ≥ -29dB
Ania Pro Key Features :
Iron Micro cross & coil assembly
One of the world’s smallest MC generators.
Cutting edge neodymium magnet.
Vital profile nude diamond stylus.
High specification fine wire.
Ania Pro Load settings for adjustable MC stages
Capacitance – 1000pF
Gain setting – High (‘On’ position for Rega phono stages)
Ania Moving Coil Cartridge
- Tracking Pressure 1.75 – 2.00g
- Input load impedance 100 ohm
- Output impedance 10 ohms
- Nominal output voltage 350μV
- Channel Balance : ≥ 20μV
- Separation : ≥ -29dB
- Mass 6g
Ania Key Features:
- Iron cross & micro coil assembly
- One of the world’s smallest MC generators
- Cutting edge neodymium magnet
- Elliptical profile stylus
- Constructed from high specification 0.018mm fine wire
Ania Load settings for adjustable MC stages
- Impedance -100ohm
- Capacitance – 1000pF
- Gain setting – High (‘On’ position for Rega phono stages)
Exact Moving Magnet Cartridge
- Output: 6.8 – 7.2mV
- Stylus: Vital. Complex fine line micro-ground from a rectangular diamond billet.
- Fixing: Rega three point fixing
- Coils: High Spec parallel wound coils
- Colour: Yellow
- Tracking Pressure 1.75g