Michell Gyro SE
Soulines Kubrick DCX
Rega Planar 3
Sydney Hi-Fi Castle Hill has specialised in turntables for many years and our staff have extensive knowledge in what makes a turntable sound good, how it should be set up and what accessories are necessary for you to get the most enjoyment from your vinyl collection both new and old. We offer brands like Rega, Audio Technica, Denon and many more!
- What should you look for in a turntable?
- Isolation, the better your record is isolated from its surroundings results in less vibration when the stylus is reading the information achieving better sound reproduction
- Tonearm, A tonearm should be lightweight but not susceptible to vibration for the same isolation reasons listed above, this is a very tricky outcome to achieve so clever engineering and high-grade materials are essential!
- Inertia, we find the heavier the platter the more constant speed is maintained, the added bonus is that the overall isolation factor is also improved
- Cartridge, The best form of upgrade to any turntable is the cartridge, massive improvements in fidelity can be achieved by having a superior cartridge installed.
- Clean Static Free Records, We have experienced over the years the difference a record bath makes to the quality of playback to the point we bathe all of our records brand new or old. once a record is clean it should be discharged of static and dust just before playback for the very best results.
Buy now in Sydney!